The tasks and duties of the Council are:
- Establishing mechanisms for cooperation between science and economy and enabling better cooperation and coordination with line ministries, local governments,
- Creating proposals and initiatives that would contribute to the transfer of knowledge and technology to the economy with the idea of better economic exploitation of the results of scientific research, in order to create conditions for better economic development and greater competitiveness of our companies,
- Encouraging entrepreneurship at the university (spin-offs, start-ups),
- Encouraging excellence and relevance of scientific research in Serbia in accordance with the requirements of the economy,
- Ensuring excellence and availability of human resources for science and economy,
- Improving international cooperation through participation in scientific research projects,
- Encouraging and developing communication between scientific research organizations and the economy through the exchange of values and practices.